4 Female Traits That Build Rock Solid Marketing Confidence
Do you cringe at the thought of trying to convince someone they should buy from you?
I used to think that way. I used to think that Sales and Marketing were the same thing and it was just some sleazy game that salespeople played to get your AmEx out of your wallet and into their greedy hands. They used their secret voodoo mind games and closing techniques to convince you that you would fail without them.
Well, I’ve got some good news for my fellow Blogger Chicks…times are changing, baby!
What women have known and practiced for years is now the new marketing strategy. The new buzz words in Marketing are: transparency and authenticity. Or, in chick language..be yourself and keep it real. Right about now you should be letting out this huge sigh of relief. Whew!
As a marketing channel, blogging and social media are NOTHING like traditional marketing. They are the opposite of it in almost every way. You don’t have to sound like a marketing brochure. In fact, it’s way better if you don’t. Just be yourself. You don’t have to sound like Crazy Eddie the Used Car Salesman or Precious Roy (bonus points if you know who Precious Roy is).
So, why should a women find confidence in this new marketing trend? Because women, in general, love to build relationships and help others. Your blog allows you to be yourself, listen to your readers, nurture relationships and build rapport.
Rather than thinking of Marketing as selling your wares, try taking these viewpoints:
- Instead of thinking you’re selling, just have a conversation. Make it your focus to build personal communication with your clients. Listen to them and help solve their problems as you would your best friend or family member.
- Women are detail oriented. Allow yourself to dive into the details and thrive on them. You will be the one able to give your client that extra detailed touch that anyone else would have missed.
- Once you’ve listened, do what we love to to…communicate! Give your potential clients all the information they will need to understand what you will be doing for them and allow them to make an educated decision. If they feel they must do their due dilgence in seeking out comparisons, they will return to you knowing that you were the most upfront with them.
- Your goal is to be yourself and enjoy your clients. Build relationships with your prospects and they will trust you, and when they trust you they will want to do business with you.
You have inside of you all you need to build a prosperous blog and business.
Relax. Relate. Enjoy.
Slow and steady wins the race. Keep networking and using those beautiful gifts of the female personality to build a solid base and thriving business. Your confidence will grow and so will your business.
What other characteristics can you think of that women can build their marketing confidence with? By the way, I had no idea who Michael was talking about. Did you earn the bonus points for knowing who Precious Roy was?
- Women, News, Blogging and Money – Pick Of The Week Sites That Rock!
- Write A Guest Post For Market Like A Chick
- Marketing, Social Media & Personal Branding -Top 10 Posts from Market Like A Chick
- Shift Happens – How To Handle Crossroads In Any Woman’s Life With Confidence and Grace
- How To Build Your Value In Social Media
10 Responses to “4 Female Traits That Build Rock Solid Marketing Confidence”
- Twitted by marketlikeachik
- Top 10 Posts from Market Like A Chick: Marketing, Social Media & Personal Branding | Market Like A Chick
- A Chick's Guide to Building Word-of-Mouth Referrals | Market Like A Chick
- mojovator (Danielle Hawthorne)