Women, News, Blogging and Money – Pick Of The Week Sites That Rock!
As a Blogger and a market research freak, I spend a lot of time on the web (way too much) looking for new marketing ideas, women that are making things happen, news in the social media world, and trying to stay in touch with the other Bloggers in my niche. During the week I find cool sites that make an impact on me and I think rock!
I’ve decided that every week I will break down my goodies I’ve found and share them with you. Heck, we all use social bookmarks like Del.icio.us, Digg and StumbleUpon to share our favorites, so why not share them here too?
So, here’s the picks of the week:
Women of the Web:
- Web Marketing Therapy – You’ll find a fun and very informative blog on all types of web marketing, SEO, social media and more. Lorrie Thomas heads up a team of very inspired ladies that put out great tips. I recently did a little post about Lorrie that you can read here.
- Lip-Sticking – Yvonne DiVita discusses real marketing to women, online and off, and sometimes gets a little sassy! I love this blog because they say it like it is, just like I do. They also advise businesses on how to reach real women who buy thier products and services.
- The Barefoot Executive – Carrie Wilkerson and her network of experts is a top resource for helping women achieve extra income and career goals while working from home. You’ll be impressed with her story and her insight. Carrie overcame extreme debt, lost 110 lbs (she has 4 kids) and has built several businesses while coaching others to do the same!
News on the Web
- Mashable – Whenever I think I have found a new story on social media I am always able to find something about it on Mashable before I post it. One of the top 10 blogs according to Technorati, Mashable is awesome at getting fresh news and presenting it in an interesting and easy to read fashion. The fact that Pete Cashmore is a hottie it just icing on the cake!
- PopURLs – Want the top stories from every major platform or device in one page? PopUrls is a customizable aggregator that gives you the most popular headlines from Digg, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Reddit and every other imaginable source. Great place to get everything all at once at your fingertips.
- Copyblogger – What brings the most traffic to your blog? Great content. Copyblogger is all about using the right words in the right way to drive traffic. You’ll find excellent articles on how to produce copy that is in plain words and directed to the needs of the reader. A daily read is absolutely a necessesity.
- ProBlogger – Darren Rowse dedicated this site to helping other bloggers learn the skills of blogging, share their own experiences and promote the blogging medium. I recently enrolled in Darren’s 31 Days To A Better Blog Challenge. Every day the new lesson and call to action just enough to teach a new skill without overwhelming. An awesome course that is FREE and I would recommend.
- The Blogger Source – Michael’s blog has been a great help to me and many others. From beginner’s tips to SEO, content and social media you’ll walk away with a better understanding and be prepared to put it into action. Michael is also great about checking out other blogger’s sites and leaving a comment. Actually, I think Michael left me my FIRST comment! (Muah!)
- Shoemoney – You may notice a trend here…I like to read blogs that are written by real people that call it as they see it. Jeremy Schoemaker is one of those guys that doesn’t give a damn about what you think and will be straight up about what works, what doesn’t work, and why. His philosphies are: Embrace new trends and look for opportunities to exploit them, Focus on what you know, and Small changes can equal big revenue. Recently released is his newest brainchild Shoemoney Tools, which includes an automated system for PPC, keyword research, and domain names.
- John Chow – Yes, I know there are mixed reviews on John Chow. Here’s my take: he’s made a butt load of money online, he knows what pays the best, he shares his knowledge, and he also doesn’t care what anyone else says about him. One of his sayings is, “if you’re not pissing someone off, you’re not doing it right”. All that said, there is a ton of ads on his site, but you will learn what you want and don’t want to use on yours. I recently wrote a post based on one of his articles that you can find here.
This is definitely not the entire list of great sites out there, but it’s a start. Take a browse on over and tell me what you think of my picks. Please feel free to add to your favorite social bookmarks below.
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Women Marketers
- Free Twitter Tools And Apps For The Week
- 4 Female Traits That Build Rock Solid Marketing Confidence
- Women’s Wildfire Rally 2009 With Carrie Wilkerson
- Marketing, Social Media & Personal Branding -Top 10 Posts from Market Like A Chick